The different type of visas for Thailand

The transit visas

The transit visas are meant for the travelers who will do a transit through Thailand to go to another destination or to go back to their country.

However, travelers transiting through Don Mueang International Airport for less than 12 hours do not need a visa (However they will need a visa if they are traveling with Thai AirAsia or Thai AirAsia, all will depend about the airline through which the person is travelling).

All the citizens of Pakistan will need a visa to transit through Thailand.

The Permanent resident Visa

To be able to benefit from this visa, you need to have a minimum stay of 3 years in Thailand. As requirement, there are also a minimum salary you will need to have, which will also depend on your marital status.

The Non-Immigrant Visitor Visas

There are different types of Non-Immigrant Visitor Visas which can be obtained from the embassy of consulate which are for purposes other than tourism. This particular visa will be for :

  • Work,
  • Business,
  • Teaching,
  • Studying,
  • Journalism,
  • Legal reasons,
  • Research,
  • Sports.

The Visitor Visa on Arrival (voa)

On your arrival, it is also possible to get a Thailand visitor visa on arrival, if you are from the list of eligible countries.

The 21 eligible countries for a visa on arrival are:

Andorra, Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan

Please note that the VOA visa will allow visitors to stay in the country for up to 15 days. VOA visas cannot be extended.

To be apply to for a VOA visa the following requirements apply:

  • Form part of the 21 countries eligible for the VOA
  • Passports must be valid for at least 30 days upon the date of entry,
  • The visa is for the use of tourism only,
  • Applicants are required to provide an address of whether they are staying (e.g. hotel address),
  • You may be asked to prove that you are exiting Thailand within the 15-day period by presenting your return ticket,
  • Travelers must be able to prove that they have sufficient funds of 10,000 THB per person or 20,000 THB per family,
  • The visa fee must be paid there and there in Thai Baht. Currently, it is approximately 2,000 THB.

The APEC Business Travel Card

The travelers who hold an APEC Business Travel Cards (ABTC) containing “THA” on the back of the card can enter visa-free for business reasons for up to 90 days.

These cards are issued to nationals of 18 countries including China, japan, Russia, South Korea, Singapore, and the Philippines. is intended to accompany the natural and legal persons in their paperwork travel. is not linked to the government website of Thailand ( The prices charged xxx euros covers the costs for the immigration services (xxx for 30 days) as well as the help and assistance of ETA Thailand for the duration of this E-Visa. HiPay, acts as a service provider, by offering a secure online payment solution to HiPay does not take the responsibility of any issues related to the services provided by this website. For all inquiries, please send an email to

© 2018 All rights reserved | Terms and conditions